Thursday 22 September 2011

Mug Rug Swap

I have a great online quilting group through Facebook called 'Quilt Club Australia'. It grew out of  the 'Quilting for Queensland' group, established after the January floods, when some of us wanted to post other quilting projects. 


I don't have quilting friends where I live, so it gives me access to a group of ladies where we  share our tips, questions, fabric sales, blogs worth reading and also opinions about our projects. Just this month, my gorgeous friend Marieka of 'Bespoke Bites', set up a Mug Rug swap. It's run a bit like a secret Santa, in that you make a mug rug for someone but don't know who is making you.


On Father's Day weekend earlier this month, my husband took our 2 sons camping and so I took my daughter to visit Marieka. While her 2 sons played with Fran, we set about making our first mug rugs. These we gave to eachother...


Mareika sewing on her vintage machine
I used up some charm and 2" squares I had purchased from one of the members of our group.




Then we had a cup of tea and one of Marieka's cakes together.












We made them double sided too.






Then we started on a second one each for the group swap.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.