Sunday 8 July 2012

Sunday Stash #21



This week's post, in honour of the 4th of July, is brought to you by the colours red, white and blue. Earlier this week I posted about the Handmade swap items I made with RW&B charms - I have since discovered a RW &B blog hop if you are interested.


I found most of these FQ prints rolled up and presented without selvedge at my local Big W store. I was actualy in search of Lizzy House's 'Castle Peeps' as some of the girls from QCA had found some at their local stores. Sadly there were none but I was happy with what I did find ingloriously rolled up like this one below.

I am a bit of a sucker for Civil War reproduction prints so I could not resist the one with George Washington. And speaking of American Presidents, I read last night that one of my favourite immersion actors, Daniel Day-Lewis is studying to play Abraham Lincoln in a film about the last months of his life before he was assassinated. 


I have to thank 5 of you ladies for showing up to link last week - Alyce, Vera, Gemma, Kristy, and Heidi (from my Zakka Sew-Along Flickr group). I have to apologise for the button code not working ( I am baffled as to why ) but if you'd like me to, I can email you the java code instead. Or you can just copy and paste the button but it will not link to my blog.


So what's new in your stash this week? I am curious to find out.









8 comments:

  1. It still weirds me out that its Sunday there! Great fabrics =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get back from church I'll be linking up and I can try and fix the button code for you??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are java nerd savvy I would be most grateful if you can help me fix it Alyce. Will PM or email you this week.

      Delete
  3. I love that Big W has fabric! I've found some great pieces there! (Your link button still doesn't seem to work.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's a Big W? Is it like Walmart?
    I like your RW&B prints and the green. What do you think you will be making with the GW fabric??
    I'd be happy to have the Java code when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Simone I guess it is a kind of Walmart/Kmart type discount store with departments for clothing, entertainment, sports, toys etc. But the fabric/sewing/knitting section is just one small aisle and the fat quarters are just rolled up and thrown into a small box like mini-figures would come in. Not very grand.

      Delete
  5. Nothing new in my stash :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vera...it does not have to be brand new...you can also show something that is 'precious' or special from your stash too.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.