Sunday 22 July 2012

Sunday Stash #23

Top right - Kumiko Fujita, Others - Suzuko Koseki

It's been a productive weak for research but not for sewing. I am helping the school librarian put together a brochure of  recommended books from the 'NSW Premier's Reading Challenge'  and 'Children's Book Council Australia'.  
It probably took me about 6 hours and that was just trying to research the age appropriateness of each title. I managed to slip a few good classic titles into each level as well as one indigenous title as well - The Hobbit, The Silver Sword, Playing Beattie Bow,  The Fat and Juicy Place. It should be a good selection of books.


Anyway onto fabric...


I was thinking of joining the 'Texting Whilst Sewing' group on Flickr and so I indulged in some text prints from Ayumi's Etsy store. I just purchased one of her fabric grab bags for variety.
Yuwa Fun Block
I am not sure if I will get time to enter now that the 'Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop' and 'Practically Paper Piecing Blog Hop' are immanent. But they are lovely to fawn over all the same.


Of course she always slips in a couple of sweet extra scraps and a lovely note!


And speaking of text prints...have you check out the stunning quilt that Rita from Red Pepper Quilts has been piecing together this week? I can't wait to see how she will quilt this one. 
photo from WiP 'Butterfly' quilt from Red Pepper Quilts
What about your stash this week? Can we fawn over your fabrics? Please link up.



7 comments:

  1. What a great lot of fabrics! Rita's quilt is really stunning =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the tape measure fabric and the multicolour polkadots - the colours in that really speak to me - you can tell I am the mother of boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you scored some beautiful fabrics in there Fiona! Loving the text ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I haven't seen those "button piles" prints before! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you have some beautiful prints in there, girl! Have fun sewing these babies up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love all the fabrics you got this week! Loving Rita's latest quilt. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Fiona, some really special fabrics in your stash this week! Looks like you are planning something stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.