Sunday 19 August 2012

Sunday Stash #27

Spot the Solid

This month I have a couple of projects that involve using solids.

Laura from Quokka Quilts has requested a Piet Mondrian style block for our QCA Bee. I am up for the challenge as I have always admired the simplicity of his designs.

So I needed red, yellow, royal blue, black and white. Step in Kristy, from Quiet Play - who not only designed a paper pieced block for herself, two others and me - but also popped an envelope of scraps of these solids into the post for me nearly 2 weeks ago.

Alas they have not arrived. Cranky at Australia Post we are.
photo courtesy of Quiet Play: see link to post below
But then Kristy also had to go and make the most enviable Lego border, for her son's Lego quilt, in the same solids with an added green. And my kids love Lego too. That did it!

With 30% off storewide at Spotlight on Tuesday I went in and bought a few flat fat solids. (I had to slip that Argyle sock print in as well).

And some fabric to make a Darth Vader cape for Australian Bookweek Parade this Friday.

So what is new in your stash this week? Feel free to link up below.



7 comments:

  1. Solids are so awesome to use! I've been using them a lot for my latest project =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Darth Vader, of course!! Hope you share a pic of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that Argyle sock print too!! I need to dig out some solids for my Mondrian too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yesI'm on a solids kick at the moment too. Really need to add more to the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love Mondrian. I'm sure your block will turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using up a fair bit of solids lately as well.
    Can't wait to get a look at Quokka's Mondrian quilt when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to that block!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.