Tuesday 11 September 2012

Shoji Screen Block

I am in a little paper piecing bee called 'Wombat Stew' with 6 other ladies all of whom I know through Quilt Club Australia. Our first block theme was chosen by Japanese-based ex-pat Alyce and not surprisingly she chose 'Sushi'

You should see some of the block designs from the other girls so far. Check out Quiet Play Kristy's, plate of delicious sushi above. You can even become a pattern tester for this block if you pop over to her post and email her. 

I had thought about food however, I enjoyed the Mondrian block so much that I began to wonder if I could recreate the famous designs of Japanese shoji screens in a similar way. Step in Flickr and Pinterest for some inspiration. You can see mine at 'Wombat Stewing' on Pinterest.

A bit of measuring and drawing on paper and then I had Kristy check things over to see if she could help me with numbering the sections. She is a but of a wizz on her laptop and the EQ program.
It came together so easily. 
I can't wait to see all of the blocks together.


3 comments:

  1. Love your Shoji screen blocks! They are just so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of your block, it should go well with the other block in the bee.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.