Sunday 9 September 2012

Sunday Stash #30


Wow...I can't believe that this is post #30! 

Arriving at the post office this week was Aneela Hooey's first book called 'Little Stitches'. It is my first embroidery pattern book purchase and I have been keeping my eye out for its release since she blogged about it earlier this year.

I did the maths with both The Book Depository and Amazon simultaneously and found that the best deal was with The Book Depository's FREE postage. For just $4 more than the Amazon total I could get another book from TBD.


I also purchased a couple of larger embroidery hoops, a purse frame (for the Zakka coin purse) and a ribbon to fix a fraying princess skirt from Spotlight on Thursday. Their cotton batting was 20% off and so I bought 3m as I have run out of yardage.


Also I had been pricing Aneela Hooey's 'Cherry Christmas' on a couple of overseas stores and Etsy but with postage sitting at $17 from the US, I had not hit the 'pay' button.


Thankfully my call, put out on QCA, yielded fruit when Jane of 'Want it! Need it! Quilt! let me know that she had some pre-cuts just in. So I ordered a Fat Eighth Bundle and few charm packs of this delightful line. Postage was a lot cheaper but also the fabric was cheaper too! I love Australian fabric businesses.

I also ordered a couple of other charm packs of Sweetwater Designs' 'Lucy's Crab Shack' and Lily Ashbury 's 'Gypsy Girl' for a future charm pack Travelling Stash called Drover. It's our first male travelling stash - wit woo!

And if we can get 10 of you to link up for Sunday Stash today, or any Sunday, I will put you in the draw for one charm pack of Kate Spain's 'Serendade'. The prize will lay over until we get 10 linkys. I have been suggesting to a few nice ladies on Flickr that they should link up some of their photos or posts. Please pass the word on to your bloggy or Flickr friends.
Oh and don't forget that I have an almost give-away of some Kaffe Fasset charms if I can get 15 more people to 'like' Grandma Macs Quilts (my mum and I) on Facebook. Don't forget to make a comment on this post to be in the running. I really want to complete this give-away soon...been outstanding for far too long.


So what is new in your stash this week? Please link up below.





15 comments:

  1. I have my eye on that embroidery book, so will be interested to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is Zakka Style September so I might declare it to be Embroidery October and tackle some the clever stitches and sweet projects.

      Delete
  2. Wow such great little things there! I've been looking for some embroidery designs I may just have to treat myself to the book =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seeing that you live in the UK Cherie you can get an autographed copy from Aneela's shop. Just follow the link above to her blog and find out the details.

      Delete
  3. I blogged here: http://leighdavenport.net/blog/index.php?/archives/219-Sunday-Stash.html

    That book looks super cute, I love Aneela Hooey but have yet to have bought any of her fabric. Does it have instructions or just designs? My hand embroidery skills are *very* basic but I've been enjoying it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that looks like such a sweet book! Can't wait to see what you make out of it!

    You'll have to let me know how you go attaching the purse frame. I love how those look but haven't been brave enough to attempt one myself!

    And yay for new fabric! So glad you found your Cherry Christmas "locally"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you make with the Aneela Hooey book Fiona :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting about Aneela's book, Fiona! I hadn't heard of it. Looks sweet. Dunno if you have the same in Australia, but here in the U.S. we can buy a membership called Amazon Prime for $80 that gives unlimited free 2-day shipping for a whole year. Well, okay, it isn't free if you've paid 80 bucks, but I mean there's no additional shipping, no matter how much you order. And two-day shipping is pretty sweet, too, 'cuz who wants to wait, right? Since there's so much available on Amazon now, it's definitely worth it to me.

    Glad you told me about Sunday Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yippee! So glad you linked up today. I can see your link to that Japanese print stash on flickr. You've had lots of excellent comments on that one and Ayumi has been so flattered by the praise. Now you need to convince your friend Paula Patchwork to link in too. She has amazing stash taste like you! As to Amazon - as it is a USA based company the shipping costs are reasonable and their book prices are definitely cheaper. So I would probably go with them if I were you and if you are a frequent user, then the 2 day shipping would be worthwhile.

      Delete
  7. Well done Fiona! You got 10 linkers! :) looking forward to hearing more about that book, don't mind a bit of stitching myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gee thanks for the links I will definitely check them out, as I also have been hesitating what with the postage to Oz, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your Sunday Stash link up. I am expecting a package in the mail tomorrow, can I still link up then? I love seeing the stashes - I'll put the button on my blog and link up each week. Thanks, Fiona. I was just looking at Aneela's book at the bookstore today. It is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can link up all week as I leave the link open until Saturday night. It would be lovely to have you link up.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.