Friday 2 November 2012

Une Petite Porte-monnaie française (A Little French Purse)


Pretty Bobbins Purse

I can finally reveal one of two secret squirrel projects for November. 

This one is for my lovely 'Wombat Stew' and Blog Buddy Gemma who lives in Noumea in French New Caledonia. She blogs at Pretty Bobbins and Suburban Adventures.

I made her this particularly French double-sided purse as thank you for giving us French Polynesian/Australian hospitality on our day in Noumea.

This is the same goat that appeared on Jane's 'Me and My Sisters' House block. I cheekily said that it was Gemma taking some Aurifil thread to Jane as she sewed. Gemma loves Aurifil thread.

I lined it with spools of thread print. Cheeky aren't I?


This was my second Pleated Coin Pouch using the pattern in the Zakka Style book. I followed the pattern and my own visual tutorial for this. I have to say that this is relatively easy and quick project (even with hang stitching in the purse frame).

If someone can link me up to...






and Link a Finish Friday at Richard and Tanya Quilts
and Sew and Tell Friday at Amy Lou Who Sews 
and Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts 

I would so appreciate it!


Don't forget to come back for Sunday Stash on Sunday.


4 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Great fabric choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! I love the thread fabric on the inside coupled with that goat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! How funny we both went French! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.