Wednesday 12 December 2012

A Moving WIP

We are moving house in three days! So there is a whole lot of purging, packing and moving going on...and no sewing at all.

Sneak Peak

However I can reveal a tiny snippet of a secret project I have in progress for one of the Wombat Stew girls. You can't tell much from the photo but I did use a scrap of Echino tea cup fabric (courtesy of Kelly of Kelby Sews). 


This Week's  Sewing  Stats

Completed projects  -  0

Currently in progress -  Wombat Stew Santa gift
                                               
Yet to start  - Sherbert Dreams Quilt
                            QCA Bee#1 Dec paper pieced block
                         
On Hold projects   Craftsy BOMs from June, August, September, October and November
                                     - 4 Liberty Pillowcases 
                                     


DIY

All my painting ambitions had a reality check this past weekend when it took me 4 hours to undercoat just one of five sections of shelving on my new pantry. 

The new carpet is nearly all laid thanks to a company who could turn around the job within a week. I am sooooo grateful to them. 


This Week's DIY  Stats

Completed projects  - 1/5 pantry shelves primed

Currently in progress - pantry shelves primed

Yet to start  - kitchen rack


Moving House

I am more than over packing. I guess if I had a packing pedometer I may have moved upwards of 10 000 items in the past week (some of them three times when I have been indecisive!). I wonder if I will ever truly see the end of it!

Right now we have most rooms in total disarray. I have been tackling a kid's bedroom a day, since Monday, but they are not completed. Tomorrow I have to tackle our main bedroom and closet as well as the paperwork/files. Yuck!

The good news is that the kitchen is nearly all done apart from the pantry, fridge and medicine cupboard.


This Week's Moving  Stats

Completed projects  -  everyday crockery
                                          - display items
                                           - kid's books
                                           - kid's personal files for awards, school, 
                                           - kid's toys
                                          - kitchen appliances

Currently in progress - sewing room
                                             - stored sheets and towels
                                              -  plastic ware
                                             - pantry
                                            -  good crockery
                                            - wall photographs and art
                                            - shoes
                                           - swing set


Yet to start  - Kid's clothes
                         - medicine cupboard
                         - bathroom cupboards
                        - laundry
                        - files/paperwork
                         - everything else!
                         
On Hold projects    trampoline) my Father-in-law took it down yesterday and discovered that it was in bad enough condition to throw out - so we may have to invest in a new one for Christmas!)


Helpers

I have had some help, with looking after the boys this week, so that I can pack during the day undisturbed, Dean's parents are up from Sydney and parked their caravan on our new property. It has not been smooth sailing though. They mostly look after the boys from 9am-1pm. 

I've had two of my girlfriends come by to help pack. It helps to re-motivate me as packing is a solitary job mostly. My husband works nearly 11 hour days door-to-door but he has been ferrying things before work and some after work.

I have no incentive to cook after a day of packing so last night my lovely friend Goldie and her husband Matt brought dinner around for our whole family last night. Home prepared chicken fajitas. It was delicious food and great company and they helped us take two loads around afterwards. So very grateful for good friends.

Hoping to link up with...
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move!! I know it's so much and so stressful but it will all be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are doing so well Fiona! Such a huge task! The end is in sight though I'm sure! Thinking of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with the move! can't wait to see what you aare doing with that little snippit of teacup fabric :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.