Sunday 30 December 2012

Sunday Stash #44

We finally got connected to the phone and internet on Thursday but I have to say that both connections are rather dodgy. Hopefully an electrician can sort some of the issues out for us.

Thank You

Firstly, I just want to say thank you especially to Audrey from Hot Pink Quilts and Camilla from Faffling for being brave enough to link up last Sunday when the inlinkz tool was not accessible on Sunday Stash. 

Secondly, I want to thank all of you who have linked up to Sunday Stash in 2012. 

The Future of Sunday Stash

Thirdly, maybe Sunday Stash will continue to have its 'droughts and flooding rains' personality in 2013. I am not sure if the secret to growing blog linkys is consistency or just a whole lot of self promotion. I am more of the former and very little of the latter. Sunday Stash, as a weekly linky party, may falter, but I will commit to posting for the first 6 months in 2013 and reassess its future then.

Finally, Sunday Stash is being fostered out once a month in 2013. So far I have 3 4 lovely folks to host and need just 3 2 more to get me to June. So please let me know if you are keen to host for any of these free dates.

13th JanuaryAudrey of Hot Pink Quilts
17th FebruaryJosh of Molli Sparkles
17th March - Gemma of Pretty Bobbins
21st April - Kate of  Kate Quilts
19th May -
16th June - 

Flower Fairies

The illustrations of Cicely Mary Barker are well known. I have a delightful reprint of her wee books.



Have you seen some of these flower fairy prints in the Michael Miller design brand?



These are some of the fairies from the Autumn range. I love the colour palette for these fairies. 




I bought a few of these panels when Keepsake Quilting was having a sale in 2011. 



You Can WIN Some Fairies of Your Own

I am partway sponsoring the January give-away for the 'And Sew On' paper piecing BoM over at Quiet Play. You could win an Autumn Fairy panel (like the one above) and this Pear blossom fairy bag. Come back and visit me on January 1st for some tips for paper piecing the 'Measure Twice' block.

Check out the details of what's required to qualify by clicking on the button below.

What's new in your stash?

Link up  below. I know some of you got some lovely new books for Christmas! Did anyone get a new machine?





5 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, if no one else has dibs, could I take Sunday Stash for April? 18th is my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Kate - a great birthday treat for us all. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, lovely! Usually I'm not a fairy person, but these are nice! Also, it was my pleasure to link up! I love Sunday Stash. I can't wait until February! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower fairies are so lovely! I remember them from when I was little :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.