Friday 11 October 2013

A Creative Story


Wombat Stew gal Jane is a practical girl. She lives in the coastal town of Coffs Harbour and somehow manages to to have kids around her at work and at home.



So creating with paper and fabric is her outlet. 



Coffs Harbour has beautiful sandy beaches and I wanted to reflect that with the yellow colour palette of this pouch. Their harbour beaches also have a lot of pebbles and so my Free Motion Quilting reflected these with the loops. And all of the Wombats know that Jane has a thang for selvedges.

I am linking up with IQuilt at Pretty Bobbins and TGIFF.




6 comments:

  1. oh cute! I just used that great sewing machine fabric for my Patchwork Please! embroidery kit and pincushion - thanks Alyce :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both the free motion and straight line quilting! Well done Fiona :) great fussy cutting too :) thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am enjoying your stories that go with the pouches as much as the pouches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pouch! Loving the fabrics and the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE my pouch, so happy and sunshiney and I love the loopy FMQing. Plus it's the perfect size for hand quilting bits and pieces, way better than the zip lock bag I was using before.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.